Important Letter - Back to School
I am sure that since the Education Minister Kirsty Williams made her announcement that schools would be re-opening on 29th June that many of you have been in a dilemma as to whether you will send your child back to school or not. I know this will be a difficult decision for lots of you but as a school we will support any decision that you choose to make. I received Welsh Government guidance last Wednesday and Rhondda Cynon Taff guidance on Friday afternoon so I now have some facts to help you in your decision making
• Nursery children will not yet be returning to school, however, the Welsh Minister indicated that this may change over the next few weeks
• Your child will be able to attend 3-4 days over the 4 weeks
• There will be a staggered start and finish times for each class e.g. 9.00-2.00, 10.00-3.00
• Only 8 children will be in a class at any time and your child will stay with the same 8 children over the 4 weeks
• Children will have break and dinner time with the same group of 8 children and will not mix with other groups of 8
• Furniture has been removed from classes so that children can maintain 2 metre distancing
• We will do our best to make sure siblings have a similar day to attend and start time
• Children will need to bring a packed lunch, however, if your child receives free school meals, a packed lunch will be provided. They will eat this packed lunch at their desk
• Your children will have their own bag of pencils etc. and will not need to share these with other children.
• Children must not bring their own resources in from home
• Children will sanitize hands on entry to school and wash/sanitize hands throughout the day
• The surfaces in school will be sanitised during the day
• Children will enter school through their fire doors sochildren will not need to access corridors so often
• Parents must realise that keeping our younger children socially distanced is more difficult, however, we will regularly remind children of the need to stay apart
• Key worker children and vulnerable children who attended the hub at Darran Park will transfer to receive this provision at Maerdy Primary
So that we can move forward in planning for the re-opening of school we would really appreciate it if every parent/carercompletes a questionnaire indicating whether you plan to send your child back to school or not. Please could you complete the questionnaire for every child in your family. You will receive a text message with a link to the questionnaire soon.
Thank you all for your support. We are only an email or phone call away if you need our help over any matter.